Friday, December 16, 2011

Blank

I've had writer's block for well over a year now....or maybe I just have not had anything worth writing? 

I have supplemented my lack of creative energy in the writing department by reading more books and taking improvisation classes.  I miss my words though.  I miss the way my hands feel after a particularly long essay.  I miss the feeling of surprise and wonderment I have after finishing a paragraph and having no idea where it came from.  I miss telling stories through written words and as I type these words, early in the morning, I still have no story to tell. 

My mind is as blank as the grey barren trees outside and like those trees I think it's waiting for the Spring to bring a carousel of color and imagery with which to be inspired from.

I have no words to write and it leaves me feeling impotent.

But I will keep trying and hopefully, if I dig deep enough, I will tap into a well that has been waiting to be discovered.

Meanwhile, I'll leave you with this random observation.  Walking through the streets of Portland Oregon I noticed an abundance of skinny jeans and facial hair.  It was in this moment I realized that the goatee is the skinny jean of facial hair.  Like the skinny jean, the goatee only looks good on about ten percent of the male population but well over half the male population still attempts to maintain one...no matter how silly it looks on them.  

-CWILL

No comments:

Post a Comment